it’s true though why am i laughing
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Lupita Nyong’o wins an Oscar for portraying a real life slave, and the first thing she did was thank Patsy for her inspiration.
Jared Leto wins an Oscar for portraying a trans woman, and doesn’t mention trans women at all.
I think the point makes itself.
He actually did thank the trans community but Tumblr is so desperate to hate him they are spreading false rumours about him being a rapist.
I think that speaks for itself.
Friendly reminder that anti-cheating is pro-slut shaming (◕‿◕✿)
i think i’m done.
This board was drawn by Pete Browngardt, creator of Uncle Grandpa! (Note the extremely sarcastic use of the word “hilarious” in scene 133.)
Hierarchy of Needs (albeit simplified)
Notice how things like FOOD, WATER, SHELTER, and STABILITY are close to the bottom, near the foundation? If those BASIC NEEDS (the needs by which we all FUNCTION) aren’t being met, then the needs above it aren’t going to be met. It’s like a house; if you have a shitty foundation then your house is just going to collapse in on itself.
So please take that classist, ableist “MONEY DOESN’T MAKE YOU HAPPY JUST DO WHATEVER YOU LOVE FOREVER” Zenpencils malarkey and cram it so far up your ass that it comes out of your nose.
yes, it’s important to be creative, but don’t put the cart before the horse, you bulbous dingleberry
oh my god one of Sylvian Chomet’s animators Neil Boyle made this fucking amazing short film, I mean, it’s like 20min long but IT’S GOT SUCH PERFECT ANIMATION god I forgot how good good animation tastes. It’s so incredibly well done. It’s been so loooooong!
rofl I think we can all relate to this too hahaha
BUT SERIOUSLY: WATCH IT
I CANT BREATH LORD JESUS CHRIST FUCK OMG
did this guy just livetweet a poisoning
that he committed
Social media needs to go away forever
SOCIAL MEDIA NEEDS TO STAY BECAUSE DANGEROUS AND IDIOTIC PEOPLE ARE GETTING CAUGHT AND PROSECUTED
My favorite Oscar of the night
make room for the Grammys
Tumblr was invented just for this pun.
I shouldn’t be laughing as much as I am.
Apparently, a finger is now a “level 2 lookalike firearm” to school bureaucrats, worthy of suspending a 10-year-old child from school for.
This is the face of “zero tolerance”.
And remember that once this sort of crap is accepted treatment for kids, it’s only so long before it’s accepted treatment for adults from the security-theatre world. How long before the TSA starts arresting people for pointing fingers?
might as well add a new crime to the books - “assault with a completely harmless weapon”
I prefer “assault with a gesture”
hey, not everyone has a shield activated that can survive a 6 year old’s finger gun. not everyone plays by the rules of the playground
Coming soon: ‘The Playground Doctrine’. It’s like the Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground, except it means that if someone points a finger at you, you’re legally allowed to shoot them dead with a gun.
REPUBLICANS, YOU KNOW YOU WANNA.
Oh my god. “OMG HE POINTED AFINGERGUN AHHHHH HE’S A CRIMIAL DUNGEOIOIIN 50000000 YREAS” How come schools have attitudes like this??
Because schools are being run like prisons. In fact, civil rights groups have noted the existence of a “school to prison pipeline" primarily targeting black youth— wherein the school environment is literally designed to prepare kids for life in prison.